I grew up in rural Bedfordshire, 30 miles or so north of London. Whenever I had been particularly good (which was often, of course ), my parents would treat me to a day trip to the capital to explore the museums or parks or, as I got a little older, the shops. The city became associated with all things fun in my mind. Fast forward 15 years and I moved here to work. At first, I was worried that the magic would wear off with time and overexposure but, four years later, I’m still happily in love with London and discovering new corners every week.
I was inspired to start this blog after finding myself stuck in a rut and working long hours and seeing only the inside of my bedroom and office for weeks at a time. I decided to “get back out there” and made a list of types of places to explore. I try to stick to places which are unique to London to really make the most of being here (I shy away from Oxford Street – once you’re inside Topshop or HMV then you could be on any high street in the UK).
If you have any ideas for places that I should explore then please get in touch! You can write me an email at Victoria@skinnylatte.co.uk or comment below. I love to hear from people who read the blog so please don’t be shy!
A Few Quick Facts about Me
- Name: Victoria
- Age: Twenty-something
- Marital status: Single
- Address: Camden, North London
- Pets: Two cats called Pecan and Gimbles
- Dietary Requirements: Full-time vegetarian/part-time vegan (I’m trying!)
And a Few Quirks
- I have a sinking feeling that I’m actually quite lazy. I have so many ideas in my head and not enough energy to make them a reality.
- I have a huge amount of love and compassion for other humans and “would do anything for anyone” although I still find it really hard to build lasting relationships.
- I want an altruistic career with a charity or government organisation where I can see a direct impact that my work is having. Failing that, I want to make the world prettier and happier!
- Most of my friends are male and I crave female company often. I suppress the cravings by watching trashy American reality shows like The Hills and Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
- I enjoy appreciating the ideas of others. When I notice something subtle but planned in a building or a painting or a meal then I feel a smug connection with the architect or the artist or the chef.