I arrived at the Winter Wonderland expecting a modest Christmas market similar to the one at South Bank (which I’ll post about soon). What I found was a vast playground of all types of entertaining diversion! Mum and I were overwhelmed from the threshold where we were greeted by a singing reindeer! To get into the spirit we ordered a large glug of mulled wine and some roast chestnuts and then sauntered around the attractions at a leisurely pace.
- Jamie Oliver’s Feast with roast dinners and mice pies to eat and naked gingerbread men to decorate (a little pricey, I heard a girl tell her friend, “this better be the best mince pie I’ve ever had!”)
- The Bavarian Village decked out surprisingly realistically and selling yummy Hungarian stew in hollowed out crunchy bread rolls
- Listening to people scream all the way down the Power Tower – you couldn’t pay me enough to get me on that
- The Haunted House for a cheesy festive scare! Much more my style (yes, I know it’s for little ‘uns)
- The old fashioned sweetie stalls (I doubt very many are vegan but they’re pretty to look at!)
And now I’m in the festive mood – I’ve been daydreaming about colour schemes for my Christmas decorations all morning!
Until 4th January 2011