Drink Shop Do: A crafty café at Kings Cross

I know that every London blogger and their cat has posted about the wonderful Drink Shop Do craft café in Kings Cross so I’m a little behind the pack.  As such, I’m sure you already know that it’s housed in a converted Victorian bath house with high domed ceilings and that all of the 1950s furniture and accessories you can see are for sale and that the owners host poem readings and knit nights and that they sell craft supplies and old fashioned boiled sweets and serve tea and sandwiches and cake.  I’m sure you know all of that so I won’t tell you again!

What I will tell you is that I had a really great time when I visited last Sunday.  Charlotte and I shared an afternoon tea of crustless sandwiches and carrot cake and clinked glasses of mulled wine and raspberry sherbet cocktails whilst hatching plans to escape the world of work.  Around us, couples and friends played scrabble and laughed and bopped their heads to the retro rock.  Having such innocent fun lounging in the warm squashy sofas is a perfect way to escape the frosty nights that we’re having at the moment.

And if you need another reason to go, for the month of December Drink Shop Do has gone all festive with their craft nights: crochet stars, paint baubles, make greeting cards, decorate gingerbread trees, build paper chains, roll truffles in toppings (yum!)  And the team will also wrap your Christmas presents for free!  Did you know that bit already?

Drink Shop Do
No. 9, Caledonian Road, N1 9DX
Nearest tube: Kings Cross

Related Posts with Thumbnails
This entry was posted in Eats, London, Shopping, Skinny Latte, Workshop. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Drink Shop Do: A crafty café at Kings Cross

1. Justine says:

Oh my gosh, Even though you say ever London blogger has posted about this place. I’ve never seen it. Thanks you so much for posting this. Now I know where to take Mother when we go to the City in the new year.

2. Jen says:

I think if I lived in London I would love the Drink Shop. It would certainly motivate me to make personalized Christmas cards and most importantly, get them done and mailed in time!

• Victoria says:

I’ve decided to make my own Christmas decorations this year so I’m on a similar set of deadlines! I should have started a month ago! You could always take your cards with you to a normal cafe – that way you’d get the yummy food and drink and socialise whilst working on your projects.

3. Wow, I didn’t know that was there. Next time I’m in London I’ll have to visit. Thanks for the address x

• Victoria says:

Hi Liz – thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst researching Drink Shop Do I found lots of crafty places and groups in London – I think my New Year’s Resolution for 2011 will be to do more with my hands and imagination!

4. Anna says:

Ahhh, Victoria, your blog is wonderful!! I’ll be in London for a couple of weeks next summer and I can’t wait to check out some of the cute places you wrote about. There’s so much to love about the little shops and hidden spots of the city – can’t wait go come back!

• Victoria says:

Hi Anna – thank you very much for your kind words! I have just looked at your blog and am in awe of how amazing your bread&butter pudding looks. Those photos make me incredibly hungry! It’s a shame that I don’t know German or else I would be making everything at one! I hope you enjoy your trip to London.